Injectable fillers are materials that are commonly used around the world for many aesthetic and reconstructive purposes.
Injectable fillers are used cosmetically to subtly add volume and improve the contour of facial features, restoring a more youthful and refreshed appearance. This aims to address the volume loss resulting from the normal aging process, which leads to formation of wrinkles and sagging of facial soft tissue.
While it is most commonly used on the face, it is also effective in correcting contour irregularities in other areas of the body, such as in scars.
- Lips – for volume enhancement and also to treat fine lines around the lips.
- Cheeks and nasolabial folds – these aim to reduce the depth of the creases and wrinkles in the area.
- Around the eyes – particularly the “tear trough” area.
- Nose and chin – subtle reshaping of these areas.
- Brow – subtle reshaping and lifting.
While many areas may benefit from this treatment, we believe that facial rejuvenation with fillers should provide a subtle and natural improvement. Often, they can be used in conjunction with other surgical and non-surgical treatments to achieve the best possible result.
- As with our other non-surgical treatments, dermal filler treatment can be safely and comfortably performed in the relaxing environment of our treatment room.
- Local anaesthesia may be required to maximize comfort during treatment.
- All treatments carry the potential of unwanted effects.
- Mr Lin generally recommends and uses non permanent fillers.
- There may be some mild redness, swelling and discomfort after treatment.
- Uncommonly, there can be lumpiness and other cosmetic concerns. Infections and other complications are rare.