Facial Fat Transfer
Facial Fat Transfer (Facial Fat Grafting)
Facial fat transfer (facial fat grafting) involves taking fat from your abdomen and/or thighs by liposuction, purifying the fat, and transferring it to different areas of your face.
Common areas that can be treated include:
- Midface / cheeks
- Upper eyelid hollowing
- Lower eyelid / tear trough
- Lower cheek hollowing / submalar depression
- Indented scars
Facial fat transfer (fat grafting) is often used in conjunction with surgical procedures such as lower eyelid surgery or facelift.
EXPECTATION OF RECOVERY AFTER SURGERY
As with all surgical procedures, recovery will differ between individual patients. Facial fat grafting is generally carried out as a day operation. You should be able to go home after the procedure provided you are accompanied by a responsible person. For more details on surgical risks and recovery please click here.
- There may be some minor swelling and bruising in the grafted areas of the face, along with the donor site where liposuction has been undertaken.
- Most people take 1-2 days off work, depending on the nature of your work.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity in the weeks following your procedure
- Avoid direct pressure to the grafted areas.
Dr Lin’s or his nurses will usually see you within 24-48 hours in the rooms to care for the injection sites. You can usually wash your face and hair after 24 hours.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.