Rhinoplasty is an operation that re-shapes the nose for the purposes of improving nasal breathing as well as for aesthetic enhancement. It is an operation with thousands of years of history and surgical techniques continues to be refined even today.
Depending on your individual needs, rhinoplasty surgery may be “open” or “closed”. This has significant impact on the surgical complexity as well as the “down-time” required. It is therefore extremely important that a thorough pre-operative assessment be undertaken and an appropriate treatment plan made for each individual patient.
- Improve nasal breathing (this may involve an additional procedure called septoplasty performed at the same time).
- Straighten a crooked nose
- Improve symmetry of the nose
- Enlarge or reduce the size of the nose
- Improve the contour or profile of the nose
- Reduce a hump on the back of the nose or increase the height of the nasal bridge
- Refine or correct irregularities on the nasal tip
- Correct nasal deformities resulting from injury or congenital causes.
Rhinoplasty is a complex area of aesthetic and reconstructiove surgery. This information is provided as a guide only. We recommended consulting a specialist plastic surgeon for detailed individual advice.
- This operation is usually performed under general anaesthetic in a private or public hospital.
- Operation time depends on surgical requirements – typically between 2-4 hours.
There will be a nasal splint secured to the back of the nose and sometimes nasal packing in the nostrils while you are in hospital.
- Overnight stay in hospital is usually required.
- There will be some bruising and swelling around the face and eyes.
- For an open rhinoplasty operation, be prepared for 1-2 weeks of recovery prior to return to some social and work commitments.
- We would encourage wearing the nasal splint for one week after the operation.
- Contact sports or heavy manual work should be avoided for at least 4-6 weeks after the operation.
- Scar management is an integral part of the recovery process following any surgery to help scars mature and fade.
- As a part of our commitment to the highest quality surgery and after-care, we provide a specialist scar management consultation with our in-house dermal therapist, who will recommend a treatment regimen that is tailored to your individual needs.
Specialising in Asian rhinoplasty, the esteemed team of surgeons at Eastern Plastic Surgery will deliver a natural result you will be thrilled with. Read More
The Finest Asian Rhinoplasty Melbourne Has To Offer
At Eastern Plastic Surgery, we understand the unique requirements and techniques involved in Asian rhinoplasty and are therefore confident we will be able to deliver you a natural result that you will love. Where Caucasian rhinoplasty is often about making the nose smaller, Asian rhinoplasty typically involves making the nose larger. No matter your unique requirements, or whether you’re looking to improve your nasal breathing or for aesthetic enhancement, we pride ourselves on our refined surgical techniques which enable us to deliver our patients with the best rhinoplasty Melbourne has ever seen.
At Eastern Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on more than just providing the highest level of surgery itself, but also on our exceptional post-care following Asian rhinoplasty. We provide specialist scar management and will tailor a treatment regime specific to your individual needs. For further information or to book a consultation with the finest in Asian rhinoplasty Melbourne wide, contact Eastern Plastic Surgery today. We also offer double eyelid surgery.