Facelift surgery represents a range of techniques to restore the youthful contours and features of the face. This is achieved through meticulous surgical technique and a thorough understanding of the aging changes affecting the facial skeleton and soft tissue. There are numerous techniques available for facial rejuvenation and these are often combined with other procedures such as lipofilling and sometimes non-surgical treatments. A thorough assessment of each individual patient is essential prior to treatment planning and operation.
- Sagging skin in the mid and lower face.
- Deep creases or wrinkles in the cheeks extending from the nose to the corner of the mouth.
- Creases below the lower eyelids
- Jowling along the jawline.
- Loss of muscle tone and general laxity in the midface and chin area.
- Redundant skin and creases in the neck.
There are always limitations to what facial rejuvenation surgery can achieve so it is important that you have a thorough understanding of the pros and cons before undertaking any procedures. Mr Lin will identify with you the facial regions requiring treatment and formulate realistic aesthetic goals. In some instances, non-surgical treatments may offer the best solution.
It is also important to understand that while facial rejuvenation surgery are very effective in addressing existing aging changes and is generally long lasting, it does not “stop the clock” of natural aging.
- This operation is performed under general anaesthetic.
- Operation time is typically 3-4 hours.
- Usual incisions are around the front of your ears and may extend around the back to your hairline.
- There may be drain tubes and/or bulky dressings while you are in hospital.
- Your safety is our main priority and every effort is made to your surgical safety. These include routine use of antibiotics, surgical stockings and calf compressors to reduce risks of blood clots, etc.
- There will be some bruising around the facial area. The extent of bruising can vary significantly depending on nature of surgery performed.
- 1-2 nights in hospital stay is usually required.
- Be prepared for at least two weeks of recovery prior to return to some social and work commitments.
- The total “down-time” following facelift surgery will vary depending on the nature of the surgery.
- Scar management is an integral part of the recovery process following any surgery to help scars mature and fade.
- As a part of our commitment to the highest quality surgery and after-care, we provide a specialist scar management consultation with our in-house dermal therapist, who will recommend a treatment regimen that is tailored to your individual needs.
*Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.