SURGICAL FEES & REBATES
As a member of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr Lin adhere to strict guidelines governing medical practice and advertising. Our fees structure also follows the recommended guidelines set out by the Australian Medical Association.
- Dr Lin’s standard consultation fee is $150 for an initial consultation.
- A Medicare rebate of approximately $72 is available if you have been referred by your family doctor and hold a valid Medicare card.
- Your Medicare claim can be lodged electronically by our staff, and will be processed by Medicare to your nominated bank account.
- A special rate is available for seniors over 65 (please confirm) who present a valid pension/senior health care card.
- Sometimes, a small additional fee is charged for an extended consultation, or where a small procedure (such as a skin punch biopsy) is performed at the same time.
Overall Cost of Surgery (Private Hospital)
Generally, the overall fees for surgery includes several components:
- Dr Lin’s fee, which includes the routine post-operative follow up for six weeks. See section below.
- The anaesthetist’s fee.
- The hospital or day surgery fee.
- Pathology (where applicable).
- Others: which may include cost of implants, prosthesis, etc.
Surgical Fees (Private Hospital)
- For privately insured patients, your private insurance will generally cover part of your surgeon’s fees.
- The remainder, also known as the “gap”, covers for the costs of providing specialist health care where Medicare and private insurance rebates have consistently failed to keep up with inflation.
- The amount of the “gap” varies depending on the nature and complexity of the surgery.In all instances, a written estimate is provided prior to the procedure being scheduled.
- We would strongly recommend all patients check with their private health fund to establish whether other costs may apply.
- For certain cosmetic procedures eg. facelift, lower eyelid surgery, no rebates are provided by either Medicare or your private health fund as it is considered cosmetic in nature.
- In these cases, a written estimate will be provided prior to the procedure being scheduled.
Please feel free to raise any questions you may have. Dr Lin and our practice staff will be more than happy to discuss these with you.